Working with Clients
1. Initial Consultation
Our process starts with an initial consultation. We meet you on site to walk the property, learn your needs and desires for the outdoor spaces, understand your aesthetic and functional preferences, and discuss ideas.
2. Budget & Proposal
From there, we determine whether to provide a budget for maintenance work, an estimate for a simple construction and/or planting project, or a design proposal.
As a rule of thumb, installation budgets should be considered to start at 10% of the value of the home when landscaping the entire property. You may choose to complete the installation in phases or all at once.
Things that drive up the cost are significant steel and stone work, slope, and invasive plant removal. Our average client spends about $15,000 to $25,000 for one full yard installation (front or back yard, not both).
To ensure we do not develop a plan that is unattainable for implementation, overall budgeting will be discussed at the initial consultation.
Once we have submitted a design proposal and the client has accepted, we complete a site analysis and develop a design. Budget proposals for installation work are provided once the design is approved.
Once we finalize a design plan and a budget, we will project manage and schedule a time for our team to come to your property and implement the design into your space.
After the installation is complete, it’s time to celebrate! It’s also important to consider your needs for ongoing maintenance for the site.
Some Things to Think About Before Your Consultation
• Do you have any favorite plants or colors?
• Are there any plants that you want to avoid?
• Is there a certain style of garden that you like?
• Visual references are very helpful. Please share your Pinterest board or any inspirational pictures.
• Are there spaces that you would like to have for different uses? Fire pit? Dining area? Reading nook? Soccer games?
• Are there any problem areas that need solving? Erosion, water pooling, flooding?
• What is your budget for this project? This one is usually hard for people, but it helps us to design something that will be functional, beautiful and attainable.
• We can create something within most budgets, but it affects what materials we will use in the design.